Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Zest Bar Cafe @ Glow Hotel Penang

Advertorial: 


Hello can you believe its going to be June in 3 days more? My favorite month which I can celebrate my birthday and Father's day in one shot lolll. So anyway I've discovered a new hidden cafe in Hotel Glow @ Penang. There's a lot of coffee shops around but I love having lunch in hotel as there's private car park for guests, apparently I am a fast easy person :C


This is the lobby, so comfortableeeeeee.

The best shot I've gotten so far.




Its a moment of real pleasure when the girls came along with me 

A little background about Glow Hotel:
Glow by Zinc is a hotel that provide comfortable environment for modern travelers at a value price point. Glow Hotel offers stylish and smartly functional rooms, most importantly they are furnished with air conditioning,Wi-Fi internet access, and a 32 inch LCD Satellite TV. 

Zest Bar Cafe?
A contemporary cafe serving a selection of delectable Thai fusion dishes. For those who seeking pleasure with food and refreshing drinks, here you should go.

So let's take a tour
Zest Bar Cafe
(seats up to 100pax)

I love how those arts add so much vibrance to the hotel, not like the usual boring banquet space that I used to go.

Lobby Common Area

Pool Bar, where you can enjoy cocktails, frappes and ice blended drinks

The pool at the first floor, this place is insanely relaxing

The marketing manager Dexter gave us a quick tour around the hotel to show us their facilities. I love hotel like this because they feel a lot more personal and cosy, great for relaxing vacation with friends and family.


We took a whole bunch of photos at the bar while waiting for food.

She is always a baby girl to me, Rui Wen


And my dearest, Eliza!

With my girls, they're beyond adorable!

Okay I hope you're not hungry. I am moving on to food now hahaha. The food selection here is enormous #nomnom. I am totally a fan of Thai food, their set lunch was really great. Totally filled my tummy and satisfied my taste buds. 

Tom Yam Goong RM19
(Fresh Prawn in Spicy Tom Yam Soup)

We were first introduced to their signature dish, Tom Yam Goong. The tomyam soup is no joke spicy, my fav all the time. 

Yam Moon Sen RM13
(Glass noodle salad with prawn, ginger flower, and lime leaf)

The glass noodle salad wasn't really my thing though, but it is healthy so I've ordered for my girls. HAHAHAHA. How thoughtful am I? #BFFNO1. The glass noodle were quite springy but not greasy. 

Pad Kra Prao RM19
(Sauteed spicy minced chicken or beef with Thai Kra Prao leaf)

You're free to choose chicken or beef, but I opted for the usual Pad Kra Prao that comes with minced chicken. The chicken were so soft and tender, you can really taste it when you bite into each mouth, it was simply delicious!!

Kaeng Phet RM19
(Spicy red curry & vegetables, choice of prawn and chicken)

Khao Phad RM16
(Pineapple fried rice with seafood and cashew nuts)

Pineapple fried rice for Eliza, it comes in a slightly larger portion with some big prawns added. The overall flavor was okay,it would be perfect if they are able to make a smaller portion. 

Spaghetti Olio Aglio RM23.50

Ruiwen ordered the western food.  The Aglio Olio is served with garlic bread, fresh prawn and topped with some chili flakes. It tasted creamy and cheesy,  I cant stop eating her food without asking permission that's what bff normally do.

Khanom Khao Mao RM7.50
(Fried Bananas with grated coconut and sticky rice)

Dessert time!!! The staff was efficient in serving us the next course. Khanom Khao Mao was basically fried banana served on the pandan leaf and completed with sticky rice.It tasted surprisingly good together with the grated coconut, even though I was very full but I still managed to finish it. 

Phon Lamai Sod Tam Rue Du Karn RM8.50
(Sesonal fresh fruit)

Thank you so much Glow Hotel for inviting us! We truly enjoyed our time there and it was really a pleasant experience. I am happy because I just found a new spot for lunch next time. I'll be back soon. So guys, if you're keen in having a vacation stay in Glow hotel or dine in Zest Bar Cafe, you can find the information in http://www.glowhotel-penang.com



Glow Penang
Address: 101, Jalan Macalister, Georgetown, 11400 Georgetown, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Contact:: 04-2260084

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...